- In my life this week… My mom came to visit this week and we surprised the girls! They had no idea she was coming, and it was great. We spent Monday and Tuesday doing a serious deep cleaning of the house – which was DESPERATELY NEEDED. The house hasn’t been this clean since Christmas. My mom came in that night, and we surprised the girls the next morning. I’m sure their squeals could be heard miles away. . . .
- In our homeschool this week… Absolutely no schooling this past week or last. Mama needed a break. The great thing about considering yourself a year-round homeschooler? You can take your breaks anytime you want!
- Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… The girls are attending VBS at a local church this week, which means another week of no “official homeschool” days, and I have a speaking engagement for my job, in addition to a full calendar of client calls. It’s a good thing we have a fridge full of leftovers from this past week, because I have no idea when we’d be home to cook!
- My favorite thing this week was… Going to the Natural History Museum and seeing the 3D Butterfly Movie. It was AWESOME. And the girls are absolutely fascinated by the insect exhibit. My prissy, sissy little girls, enthralled by creepy, crawly bugs! We are definitely going to have to go again.
- What we’re reading… The Trumpet of the Swan by EB White. And I thought I’d share some resources we found today that you might be interested in if you read this book with your children:
Boston Swan Boat – location of part of the book
Trumpeter Swan Video – helps with understanding the “trumpeting” sound you’re reading about!
All About Birds-Trumpeter Swans – more information about the bird
This post is linked at SoYouCallYourselfaHomeschooler.com. Feel free to check out other posts!