Welcome to my crazy little corner of the blogosphere!
This post began with the idea of journaling about my journey to becoming the woman I believe God wants me to be. (Here is my first post, for those who are interested.) And that is still so very true.
While reading other blogs that focus on “the Proverbs 31 Woman” or “Woman-y Stuff” as I like to call it, I’ve realized that so much of it avoids two major things:
1. REALITY. These blogs are all so PERFECT. I mean, really, how many true June Cleavers are out there? (If you are, please don’t tell me, I don’t think we could be friends any more!) I always feel so inferior! The woman in Proverbs 31 didn’t start out that way, and frankly she didn’t do all that awesome stuff at the same time, either! And she ESPECIALLY didn’t do it all with small children and during potty training. So, where’s the real story?
2. THE REAL POINT. Becoming a true “Modern Proverbs 31 Woman” shouldn’t only be about how to be the perfect Ms. Molly Homemaker! Why is that all you can find out on the blogosphere?? There is just so much more to me, to us as Christian women, than that! (“But a Woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.“) Really, all that “perfect homemaker” stuff is just gravy on top of this one verse. Of course, we all wanna be Superwoman, too, and I think that’s why so many blogs focus on that. But THAT is not the point. God wants our heart. He wants our heart more than He wants us to have a clean house. (Thank you God on that one!)
So that is what this blog has become for me. My chronicle of my reality trying to get to the real point, adding in a bit of the Superwoman, and journeying my path of Becoming a Modern Proverbs 31 Woman. Mixed in you’ll get posts about:
- our homeschooling experience,
- raising girls,
- bilingualism (we are a multicultural family and are trying to raise our girls with both Spanish and English),
- dealing with our nomadic life due to the hubby’s job,
- having a career and homeschooling at the same time,
- cool products or items I’ve found, and
- fun (ahem, excuse me while I laugh my head off) posts about moving.
I tried to implement a routine of of blog posts with different themes on different days. I’m not very good at it. Since I started this blog, the insanity level of my life has increased by about 1000x. I have a lot more gray hair under my hair dye now! I will tell you that I mean to blog more about much more, and I want to blog on a routine of lots of different topics. It just hasn’t worked out that way. Yet. I keep thinking that one day . . .
Various THEMES you might want to check out:
- First Things First: All about Order, Priorities, and Living Life in God’s Will
- Show Me Series: Fun Link-Up Series! Join us!
- Practical Tips: Whether It’s Organizational Or Whatever.
- Homeschool: with subtopics and linkups with Homeschool Mother’s Journal, My Father’s World, and our new Homeschool Girl Power!
- Working and Homeschooling: It’s possible, but how? Practical Tips to stay above the madness